Sign Up For Our Newsletter To Stay Up-to-Date On Our Blogs.
10 Hacks for Keeping Your Interior Clean
We’ve all been there: your car looks as good as new after a wash and vacuum until…you accidentally knock over your coffee cup. Your dog hops into the car and sends fur flying all over the seats. Your toddler spills their cereal during a tantrum. No matter how careful you are, messes happen every day! Here are our top tips to keep the inside of your car looking just as good as the outside, no matter what life throws at you:
1. An in-car trash can is the best way to stop junk from piling up in the back seat. Can’t find one small or secure enough? Line a reusable cereal container with a plastic bag for a container that stays closed and is easy to clean.
2. Cup holders are notorious for filling up over time with everything from crumbs to loose change. Curb the mess and make them a breeze to clean by lining them with paper or silicone muffin tin liners so you can replace or rinse them out in a flash!
3. Keep wet wipes in your glove compartment to mop up spills and clean sticky hands after in-car snacks. If you’re a pet parent, have some pet-safe ones on hand to wipe muddy paws after hikes or trips to the dog park.
4. Getting back from the beach or a muddy hike? Make sure to take off dirty shoes before getting in the car to protect your carpet– keep a bag or box in your trunk for this purpose so you’re never caught off guard!
5. If you have little ones that need to be entertained while you’re driving, having toys in the car can be a great distraction– just make sure they’re not taking over the whole back row! Hanging organizers that attach to the driver and passenger seats will keep your kids happy while making sure special toys don’t get lost under or between seats.
6. Try to avoid bringing uncovered food and drinks into your car to minimize messes– put drinks in spill-proof containers and snacks in Ziploc bags or containers that snap shut. If your passengers are eating a meal on the road, make sure to have plenty of napkins on hand!
7. Keep a mini duster in your glove compartment or trunk to quickly take care of crumbs and pet hair that can build up over time– just make sure you’re swapping it out regularly to ensure it’s picking up the mess instead of spreading it around your car!
8. Need a better way to keep track of your vehicle registration, insurance documents, car manual, and other important papers? Stow a mini file organizer in your glove compartment to keep them wrinkle-free and easy to access at a moment’s notice.
9. Taking your dog to the beach or lake is always fun…until it’s time to drive home. Invest in a waterproof seat cover to protect your upholstery from wet fur and dirty paws so you can let your pup have fun with no stress!
10. Use a detail brush to get crumbs out of seat crevices, vents, and other hard-to-reach places. Don’t have one on hand? A small paintbrush or toothbrush will do the trick!
At Super Sudz we understand that messes happen, and we’re always here to help! Sign up for our monthly membership and we’ll help you stay clean through all of life’s little accidents.